Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Roadster That Sings


This wicked old roadster convertible pulled up in front of my place the other night. The gentleman who owns the car Art, was picking up my neighbour.

Yup, the same neighbour who was kind enough to give me some Santiago Rum and Cohiba cigars (refer to post Tuesday Night Ride Cancelled) following his recent trip to Cuba.



This old beauty is a 1950 Singer Roadster. Pretty much original as it sits.

The only changes he's had to make is to the turn signals and rear brake lights (to bring it up to code). As you can see the seats are seat belt-less. The car fits into the 'grandfather clause' and they're not required.

The boys were just about to leave so I didn't get a chance to quiz Art on all the details of the car. Needless to say, it's not made by the Singer Sewing machine company. Ya I asked.

Just love those lines. Art says even though the car is a 4 cylinder, it's a pig at the pumps. Here's a blog dedicated to the resto of a Singer.

Those windshield washers are linked up top and the motor is inside the windscreen (windshield) as the English call it.

Right side drive, of course. And the windscreen can be lowered manually.


There's a pic of his new rear taillights. Ya, the white plastic cheapie jobs suck. But she's on the road and that's what counts.

Everyone knows I'm a big fan of black... cars, trucks and especially bikes. But I'll admit, I think I'd settle for a red Singer. But between you and me... I'm sure I could fit a spade on the car somewhere.

Ace ♠

No comments: