Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Iron Fist, Minus the Geeks

.
They're called Minus Morgul. No, I'm not referring to the Dead City and the home of Nazgul, in J.R.R. Tolkien's 'Lord of The Rings' trilogy.
.

.
If you're not a Tolkienian (or a really big dungeons and dragons type geek) Minus Morgul is where the Witch-King of Angmar dude, gets his rocks off (at least that what I've read about him).
.
.
I'm referring to these guys, the band MM (and for some uncanny reason, I think they actually lifted their band's name from the books. Ya, I mean just look at the pic of em'). Here's their mySpace page for more on the mötley group.
.
.
The German based Minus Morgul, is described as a Pagan Black Metal band. Here's some background and discography on the thrashers from metalkingdom.net.
.
So... you must be asking, how does this relate to the Motörheadster blog? Check this recent YouTube posting.



.
MM did a cover of Motörhead's 'Iron Fist'.
.


The Tune was on their fourth album Aus Blut Gemacht which was released 12/06/07.

I don't own the album (or any of their music for that matter) but I do like their cover of 'Iron Fist'. I also dig their logo. I'm sure T-shirt sales are decent with that emblem emblazoned on the front.

Ace ♠

No comments: