Sunday, March 28, 2010

2010 World of Wheels


The Convention Centre played host again this year to the 36th annual Piston Ring World of Wheels.

(El-Tiki)
.
This year’s show, 03/26 27 28/2010, includes two floors of exhibits. One for hot rods and one for motorcycles.

(1972 Harley-Davidson Aermacchi)

More on both of theses cool rides in a moment, but first... Ehhhhhhhhhh!



At this year's WOW (just like in years past), there was an appearance by TV celebrity Henry Winkler AKA: 'The Fonz' from 'Happy Days'.


Ya, the line up to see him wasn't very long, even though he was given the key to River City by the mayor He was nice, but nice doesn't sell tickets.



However, I was interested to see Catherine Bach, AKA: 'Daisy Duke' from the TV show 'Dukes of Hazzard'.
.
.
Let's just say she does not resemble this old pic, at all! (Bach is on the left) Again very nice, but I'd rather see a more topical celeb. Um... I think Jessica Simpson (who played Daisy Duke in the recent movie 'Dukes of Hazzard') would've been a better, albeit, recent and more popular choice.
.

Alright enough about the celebs, and back to the show. This scoot caught my eye.


A 1972 Harley-Davidson Aermacchi Sprint. It's built in Italy for H-D.


It's 350 cc but I'm not sure if it's in running condition or not (but by looking at it, I'm sure she'd fire right up).
.
.
The other cool ride (that I took a bunch of pics of) was the 'El-Tiki'.
.

This 29' Ford Roadster was sweet... but it's a little to over done for my tastes. A little less chrome, and a little more rust is how I like em'.


However, I couldn't resist posting it... this little hot rod is just so cool.


It's built by Culbert's Hot Rod Customs.

It's got over 50 mods. The newest part in it, is from 62' and it's channelled 5 inches.

.
From the colour, Sunburst Orange, to the grill... she's one freaky Tiki!
.
Ace ♠

No comments: