Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Beer Prayer

So... I received this email today from my buddy. A simple text message called the 'Beer Prayer'. I thought, "Hmmm, I think I've seen this before", but I decide to open it up. Below is what I found.

Our lager,
Which art in barrels,
Hollowed be thy drink.
I will be drunk,
At home as in the tavern.
Give us this day our foamy head,
And forgive us our spillages,
As we forgive those who spill against us.
And lead us not into incarceration,
But deliver us from hangovers.
For thine is the beer. The bitter and the lager
Forever and ever,
Barmen

I Know, that's what I said... F#ck that's lame! I have seen this before but, a simple text message. I mean if my buddies think they can simply forward me, what they think, is a bitchin' email that I'll post, they're sorely mistaken! Yes, I'll admit I do post cool and funny emails.... but boys put a little effort into your submissions, ya lazy no-good-fur-nothin' dumb ass mutha phucka's!

To help illustrate my point I decided to Loogle the 'Beer Prayer' (refer to Hot Tub Time Machine / as in ya gotta' watch the movie to get the joke). The beer prayer has been around for a long time and it's been printed on almost everything.


White boards at the local bar. Hm, imagine that.


It's on posters.


You can find the prayer on sweatshirts.


Placards. That would make a nice gift to beer drinkers and hell raisers everywhere.

It's even been matted and framed.


They have encased it in a shrine.


And it's on cards.


You'll find it laminated behind glass.


In your countries colours and font style, in this case Ireland.



Even on parchment paper (or a reasonable facsimile).


Oh... and I can't forget, you'll of course find it on a beer mug. What you see below is what I pray for.



Free beer, served between a beautiful woman's breasts. Wow, my prayers have been answered... Amen.

Ace ♠

No comments: